Megado loom - Louet
Megado, Louet’s flagship loom, is a multi-harness dobby loom with unique innovations, that make weaving a real joy. Its attractive appearance is due to the advanced engeneering and the use of lacquered ash hardwood.
Dobby looms have a dobby system, which is used to program the harness combinations for the weave pattern. Dobby is short for ′′draw boy′′ which refers to the weaver’s helper who was used to control the warp thread by pulling on draw threads. The dobby mechanism replaces the treadle/lam combination of the traditional floor looms. The performance of a multi-harness loom is vastly improved by using a dobby mechanism, as it overcomes the major problems associated with the use of a large number of treadles.
A dobby loom allows you to select the combination of shafts for every shed opening you wish to make. The great advantage of a dobby loom is that it avoids the necessity and the labour involved in making multiple tie-ups to treadle positioned underneath a loom. An investment in a Louët Dobby ensures many years of comfortable and productive weaving. The mechanical dobby is a program bar with pegs system. The numbered holes in the program bars correspond with shafts of the loom. If you want a shaft to be liftes, you place a peg in the corresponding hole of the program bar. The number of program bars forming the chain, can be adapted to the weave pattern. However, if the number of program bars becomes very large, you may want to consider an electronic dobby.
Of course, the Megado loom also has:
- the Louët moving breast beam, just like the Spring and Delta looms. This unique warp tension control system allows the weaver to set and check the warp tension each time the warp is advanced. These innovative design features give the Megado loom an indisputable advantage over other competitive looms. No other multi-harness loom treadles as light and creates as large a shed, even with a very high tension on the warp.
- large shed,
- build-in raddle,
- a treadle
The Megado loom can be used with:
- a mechanical dobby or
- an electronic interface. The electronic interface will give you almost unlimited shaft combinations using a computer and software from Fiberworks PCW, Patternland, Weavemaker, Weave It, WeavePoint, Winweef or Pro Weave, which all work with the Louët electronic interface.
The dobby loom is available with 16 or 32 harnesses and in:
- 40 cm (15 3/4") weaving width
- 50 cm (27 5/8") weaving width
- 90 cm (35 3/8") weaving width
- 110 cm (43 1/4") weaving width
- 130 cm (51 1/4′′) weaving width
- a large shelf,
- built-in raddle,
- a stainless steel reed 40-10 (10 dpi),
- 900 to 1700 Texsolv heddles (390 mm),
- lease and tie-up sticks and
- sixteen warp stick,
- assembly instructions & tools,
- Warping instructions.
- mechanical dobby or,
- electronic interface.
This product is shipped directly from Louët.
Contact us for delivery times, which are usually quite short.