This Extra-Large carder is inexhaustible!
The diameter of the drum is 10 1/2" and the width is 11.5". The carder attaches to a table and is designed to fit fine or medium fibres. The carder's teeth have a depth of 3/8" and it is possible to produce a batt of about an ounce. It can also allow you to mix your colors effectively.
- Drum width: 30 cm (11.5")
- Drum diameter: 26.5 cm (10")
- Surface speed ration is 12:1
- 72 teeth/square inch, 11 mm flexible teeth
- Card approximately 30 grams (1 ounce) per batt
- Carder's weight: 9 kg (20 pounds)
- No pre-teasing required
- Table clamps, doffer brush and doffer pin included
- Instruction manual written by well known author and fiber artist Deb Menz is included.
Louet drum carders are made of laminated birch and are covered with a very strong laminated white coating. To maximize their lifespan, the teeth of all Louet carders are made of high-quality steel wire. The case is closed to prevent the fibers from entering the gear system.
For drum carders, the gear ratio is often mentioned, however, what really matters for carding is the ratio of the surface speed of the two drums: carding is the result of carding. This ratio is achieved by multiplying the gear ratio and diameters of the large drum and the small drum.