The Delta loom is a modern parallel countermarch loom based on the Hollandia (which it replaces) and the very successul Spring.
The Delta is comfortable, robust and technologically advanced, but above all a weaver’s loom.
Warp tension can be adjusted by fine increments to ensure the tension is just the way you want it. The floating breast beam ensures tension is returned to exactly the same tension as you had before you advanced the cloth.
Tie-ups are easy. Every treadle is tied to every harness which means you only have to depress one treadle at a time. All treadles work the same way across the full width of the loom because of the parallel system. The Delta’s treadles are hinged from the back allowing for a very light weight treadling action. Also, all lams are horizontal which makes changing tie-ups quick and easy. For individual comfort, blocks are available to adjust treadle height.
Harnesses are adjustable to allow you to create slack in the heddles for easier threading and to tighten them for weaving. The brake on the Delta is a friction brake system on the warp beam, which is sturdy and easy to operate. A convenient advancing system is provided on the cloth beam.
The Delta is made of varnished ash.
The Delta is available in two sizes in either 8 or 12 shafts:
- Delta 110: 110 cm weaving width (around 43 ½”) – 8 shafts
- Delta 110: 110 cm weaving width (around 43 ½”) – 12 shafts
- Delta 130: 130 cm weaving width (around 51”) – 8 shafts
- Delta 130: 130 cm weaving width (around 51”) – 12 shafts
The inclusions are:
- Integrated raddle
- Top shelf
- Stainless steel reed 40-10 (10 dpi)
- 1200 (110 cm) or 1400 (130 cm) Texsolv heddles (330 mm)
- Tie-up and lease sticks
- Sixteen warp sticks
Dimensions and weight:
- Delta 110: 140 x 100 x 128 cm (55" x 39 3/8" x 50 3/8") - 88 kg (194 lb)
- Delta 130: 160 x 100 x 128 cm (63" x 39 3/8" x 50 3/8") - 93 kg (205 lb)
- 4 frame extension
- Pair of pedals
- Adjustable bench - 59 - 72 cm (23 1/4" - 28 3/8")
- Second beam
- Sectional beam
- Flying Dutchman Shuttle
- Flying shuttle device
This loom shipped directly from Louët Canada generally within 6 months. Please contact us for more details.