An illustrated guide to growing linen yarn sustainably at home. Reclaim the traditional skill of growing flax, extracting the fibres, and preparing them for spinning.
Homegrown linen is both a conceptual and hands-on book about gardening, homesteading, and creating yarn. Appropriate for all levels of experience from the yarn-curious to the master spinner.
• how to grow flax for fibre
• how to adapt growing techniques to your conditions using permaculture techniques
• how to create a personalized fibre flax variety
• how to process fibre from straw
• the tools for creating linen
• tips and tricks for working with linen
• other uses for flax
written by Raven Ranson
illustrated by Tracy Wandling